Like it’s name implies, whiplash is a sudden jolt of the neck backward then forward. Whether from a car collision or sports injury, this motion stretches the muscles and ligaments beyond their normal range of motion, causing injury. Whiplash also effects the alignment of the neck which is known as a subluxation. Much like any serious condition of the spine, you should get checked by a chiropractor.
- Auto accidents or similar trauma
- Roller coasters
- Bike accidents
- Football injures
- Rock concerts
- This includes severe pain in the front, side, or back of the neck
- Inflamed tissue
- Most of the pain comes from motion as you will not be able to turn the neck normally
- Nodding and shaking movements will hurt, cause a headache, or shoot pain into your shoulders or arms
- Ringing in the ears
- Fogginess or trouble concentrating
How Chiropractic Can Help:
First, we need to determine if what you’re suffering from is a chiropractic case. Is your condition something we can help you with or not? We will analyze the spine by exam and X-ray to look for bones out of normal position which may be causing pressure on the nerves (also known as subluxation). When subluxations get bad enough, you will experience pain. Our job is to detect and correct the subluxations by adjusting the spine to relieve the pressure on the nerve.